Attending this course will benefit you by:
Dates: 9-11 October 2019 & 19-21 May 2020
Venue: Central London
Course Leader: Neil Edmonds, Energy Project Finance Expert
Course Fee: £2999.00 + VAT @ 20% = £3598.80
Identify the pros & cons of a project from a bankability perspective & also to set out requirements for additional due diligence; Course Faculty will act as a presenter & four participants are selected to act as a committee to screen new transactions before they go to full Credit Committee; Participants will review a project financing term-sheet for completeness & acceptability from the perspective of the Lender/Borrower
Neil Edmonds has worked in the banking industry for over 35 years, with a particular focus on the Power & Utility and the Oil & Gas sectors. Over the past 4 years, Neil has worked in the Loan Syndications team at Standard Chartered Bank focusing on Structured Finance transactions.
Neil’s involvement in the Power and Utility sectors dates back to the privatisation of the UK utility companies from 1989 onwards. Neil has been heavily involved in:
• The financing and subsequent, re-structuring of power generation assets in the UK. The prime example being the evolution of the 4GW Drax power plant, that in turn has:
- been privatised within National Power
- sold by National Power to AES and financed against a distribution company Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
- gone into bank lender ownership, when the PPA provider went in to insolvency
- the sale of Drax by the bank lenders/owners via IPO
- the transformation of the coal fired plant into a biomass plant, thereby becoming a renewable energy plant.
• The financing of power and water desalination plants throughout the Middle East
• The financing of power plants in Europe and Asia
• The financing of onshore and offshore wind plants in UK and western Europe.
Very good course, mainly because of the excellent course teacher